American University is a top priority university situated in Washington, D.C. United States of America. The institution was founded in the year 1914, and since then has metamorphosed into a tower of learning for local and international students to undertake undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
In one of the University’s efforts to aid students, it has mapped out some scholarships for local and international students in order to help them actualize their academic pursuit in any discipline in the institution.
The Emerging Global Leader Scholarship for Undergraduate Studies
It is targeted at high-achieving international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in the USA, and who are dedicated to positive civic and social change. It is intended for students who will be willing to return home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in his/her home country.
The AU EGL scholarship covers;
- Full tuition
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following: 95+ TOEFL iBT (all sub-scores must be 20 or above); sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017); 7.0+ IELTS (all sub-scores must be 6.0 or above); 33 minimum SAT Reading Sub-score; 29 minimum ACT English; 65 minimum PTE; or 120+ Duo-lingo
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2021.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at lease 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2021.
The scholarship is open to local and international students to undertake a masters degree program (online). This is aimed at helping students irrespective of their location, to achieve their academic goals.
Eligible Area of Study:
- Arts in Economics, Applied Economics specialization
- Arts in strategic communications
- Public Communication and policy
- Science in Health Promotion Management
- Science in Nutrition education
- Science in counter terrorism
Each scholarship is worth $1000
- Students with good academic and leadership skills will be considered
- Selection will also be based on the holistic review of the students application
- Applicants with cumulative GPA of 3.4 are eligible to apply.
Sponsored by: American University Washinton D.C.
Funding: Some are fully funded, while others are partially funded
Host Country: United States of America
Institution(s): American University Washinton D.C.
Eligible Nationality: All
Degree Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies
Closing Date: 15 January 2021